The renovation project is nearing completion and will be ready to play in November. There is much going on across the golf course and grounds. Tennis is winding down, and the clay courts will be closed very soon ushering in the platform tennis season. Deeptine aeration of the greens, a less invasive process will begin in the month of November, pending weather and turf conditions. Please stay tuned for specific dates.
Other Iniiatives on the golf course include:
- The addition of green drainage on holes 3,5,14 and 15. Each green takes about 2 days to complete and will be open for play the next day it is complete.
- Fall flowers are being planted across the club. Mary and Diane are working diligently planting tulip bulbs for the spring bloom
- Fall leaf clean-up
- Zoysia grass conversion of approaches
- Tree planting at the platform tennis area
- Fan installation on the 3rd green to improve health of this green site
- Practice area will go to mats only soon to encourage recovery
For more information on these other initiatives on the grounds please follow us on twitter @pobriehpgcc or the Grounds Blog www.hydeparkgolfandcountryclub.com