The last few weeks have been very warm and conducive to accomplishing a few much important pieces to the agronomic puzzle before winter eventually arrives.
Recently, the staff and I have been busy with the following initiatives:
- Addition of drainage on holes 4,8,9,12 and 17. Next year, there will be only 2 greens left to complete; 13 and 18. This process started in 2006 and has proven to help improve playability and turf health for these 100 year old surfaces.
- The cart path project was completed and has had rave reviews on the finish work and the rerouting of some of the paths
- Final herbicide applications are being made to the rough areas, this is the best time of year to enhance your home lawns with late season fertilization and herbicide applications for those pesky weeds
- Over the winter, the grounds staff will be working on tree maintainance including pruning and removal of several dead trees along Erie ave.
- The winter months we also focus on the equipment repair, agronomic programs, continuing education and snow and ice removal across the property including the platform tennis area.
With the shift to colder temperatures, we have begun to shift cart traffic to path only, to reduce damage and winter kill to the Zoysia grass fairways. This season has been one of the latest in recent memory that carts have been able to scatter from the paths
From the entire Grounds Department we wish you and you're family a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!
If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org