With almost 4 inches of rain over the weekend the work has paused but will be back in full swing very soon. Golf Course architect Tim Liddy has been very pleased with the progress of both HP staff and Course Crafters. Tim has made a couple tweaks to the design, most significantly placing the forward tee close to the position where it was prior to the shift 3 years ago. The existing forward tee will remain.
To date, the following work has been completed:
- Shaping of the first 4 bunkers
- Fairway lines are taking shape
- Drainage out-falls and catch basins being placed
- Haul roads in the bottom of 12 have been seeded (please stay out of these areas that are roped off)
In addition, the high rough areas behind 12 green, right of 13 green and right of 13 fairway near 12 tee have been sprayed with an herbicide and seeded to a fine leaf fescue that will still pose a challenge while allowing some playability. These areas were seeded late, and will take a season to mature.
- HP Staff, Seeding fine leaf fescue near 12 tee-
Modifications to irrigation system on 13 will begin shortly
Bunkers taking shape-
A few reminders:
- Please remain on the cart path on 13
- Follow signs and please stay out of newly seeded areas
- Please fill divots on 13 fairway at temporary teeing area
If the weather continues to be accommodating the project is scheduled to finish in 2 weeks, shortly thereafter the hole will open to cart path only.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact me email@example.com?