The putting greens continue to play well with much positive feedback. Some of the factors that have influenced putting quality have been:
- Increased rolling frequency to five times weekly
- Use of a smooth front roller on greens mowers to enhance bentgrass
- Added sand topdressing
- Average seasonal temperatures
- Increased fertility to enhance bentgrass
- Soil active growth regulator that slows the growth of Poa Annua
-15 Green Upper Picture/ 6 Green Lower Picture-
In order to dry the surface of 15 green, a second topdressing was applied to inhibit algae growth coupled with spiking the surface to allow for increased air exchange.
- Spiking of 15 green with bronzed appearance of Poa Annua
-Topdressing followed by the seeding of T-1 Bentgrass-
Over the coming weeks we will continue to monitor closely the health of the Poa Annua, with continuing strategies to enhance the bentgrass on the greens.
If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.