It is officially Spring however, the temperatures are still slightly below normal, but the turf is off to a great start. The putting greens have been been mowed and rolled several times to smooth and firm the surfaces after a long winter. Overall, the fairways and new Zoysia continue to look healthy, the spring transition of the Zoyisa will be crucial, hoping there will not be any extreme temperatures over the next month.
What difference a week makes!
Drainage functioning and looking great!
New drainage, installed last season in greens 2,10, 11 and 16 is functioning well, root growth has been slow with the sodded lines but we will adjust our program to enhance these areas.
Over the next few weeks the staff is extremely busy with:
- Spring clean-up of tree debris
- Spring aeration of the putting surfaces the week of the April 13th
- Irrigation pressurization
- Leveling and fine tuning of bunkers
- Mulching of landscaped areas
- Staff recruitment and training
- Har Tru tennis court resurfacing
- Final preventative maintence on equipment
As always we welcome comments, questions and feedback on the Grounds at Hyde Park. We can be reached at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @pobrienhpgcc. We are looking forward to the upcoming season and some warmer weather.